Moment of the Week : Making oatmeal raisin cookies tonight with my son!
They were a big hit!! I cant wait to have one with my sleeptime tea tonight!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 2/3 cup (125 grams) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
**Recipe makes about 18 cookies
Heat oven to 350°F
In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture.
Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts, if using them. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes.
Keep cookies on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool.