I just made this citrus-roasted tofu for dinner, I have never roasted tofu before just pan-fried or sautéed but this was by far the most flavorful tofu I have ever made! (The picture is actually my own and I think I will post to pinterest too)
- 1 14 ounce tub of extra-firm tofu (Get a Nasoya Tofu coupon here)
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or other healthy vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- Cut tofu into 6 slices crosswise. Blot well between several layers of paper towel.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Arrange the tofu in a single layer on a parchment-lined roasting pan. Spoon the marinade generously over the surface of the tofu. Roast for 15 minutes, or until the tofu begins to turn golden.
- Carefully flip the tofu, and spoon more marinade over the surface (you will likely have a bit left over). Roast for 15 minutes longer, or until the tofu is firm and golden.
Enjoy over white rice and mixed vegetables as pictured above.
Recipe adapted from food republic
What are your favorite tofu recipes?