I just made this for dinner tonight and it was amazing, very filling and husband approved!
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 1 each medium green and sweet red pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups of cooked long grain brown rice, optional
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
- Add 2 cups of cooked long grain brown rice to mixture, optional
- Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.